Corporate Governance & Securities Lawyer
Canada - Remote
We are currently seeking a Corporate Governance & Securities Lawyer for a top financial institution. This position is remote, however you must be located in Ontario or Alberta, Canada.
- Assist with Board related corporate governance documents and processes, benchmarking and preparation of memos on current governance issues and trends, and the drafting of annual meeting materials.
- Advise on subsidiary governance practices and provide general corporate advice to the group.
- Assist in cooperate governance and board matters, including preparation of board materials, minutes and updates to corporate charters and policies.
- Work closely with compliance colleagues on regulatory compliance matters related to the Board.
- Meaningful experience advising on Canadian securities regulation (public company) and the CBCA and/or OBCA.
- At lease 4 years of public company securities and general corporate work in-house, at a firm, or global investment bank.
- Exceptional communication and legal skills, and the ability to be persuasive and influence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Licensed to practice law in Canada and in good standing.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers competitive compensation and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes Medical, dental, and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Axiom will accommodate persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and in accordance with the Human Rights Code. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities can be provided at each stage of the recruitment process. If you have a disability and require accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you are invited to participate in an interview stage, please inform us if you require special accommodation at the time of your invitation for an interview.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.