Last Modified: July 19, 2021
This section states that you are entering into contract terms with Axiom that govern your use of the Axiom Platform located at https://apps.axiomlaw.com (the "Platform").
This section explains that Axiom may update these terms from time to time, without notice to you, and the updated terms will apply to you.
3. Platform Users
This section outlines that these terms apply to all types of users.
- an employee, contractor or other authorised user (“Client User”) of an Axiom client (“Axiom Client”);
- legal talent engaged by and providing services or prospective services through Axiom, whether as an employee, contractor or otherwise (“Axiom Legal Talent”); or
- any other employee, contractor or authorised user of Axiom (“Axiom HQ”).
4. Purpose of the Platform
This section describes the purpose of the Axiom Platform for each type of user.
Axiom is the global leader in expert, on-demand legal talent and its Platform is a trusted resource that has been created for the benefit of all of its users. In particular, the Axiom Platform benefits the following:
- Axiom Clients – Your time is precious and your partnership with Axiom to find the right Legal Talent for your team, with the experience and expertise that you need is important to us. The Platform allows us to streamline and accelerate our process with you and our Legal Talent to support you much more efficiently. It gives you a single source from which you can engage with Axiom and our Legal Talent, manage ongoing engagements and review Legal Talent on the Platform (including being able to re-engage with the Legal Talent you have previously worked with by having their profile saved within your account as Legal Talent on your “bench”). We want to collaborate and provide additional transparency to you in a way that makes it an easier and more positive experience for you.
- Axiom Legal Talent – We value your legal experiences and respect that you have joined Axiom to own your career choices. The Platform gives you greater control, transparency and visibility into potential opportunities that are aligned with your preferences. You will have more control by being able to locate all key information to help you with your development and engagements within a single source. For example, you will have your own profile which you can update as and when necessary (including on your work preferences, such as hours and location). Clients who are interested in your profile will be able to reach out to you directly, to discuss potential engagements. You will be able to locate your main Axiom contacts (such as your Legal Talent Partner) and useful information and advice which can further help you to grow. We want to collaborate with you in a way that truly showcases your experience allowing our clients the opportunity to partner with you.
- Axiom HQ – You play a critical part in connecting our clients and Legal Talent, and we want to help you to do that in a way that is more efficient and fulfilling for you. The Platform allows you to have a single source in which to communicate with our clients and Legal Talent to support them in their journeys with us. As the Platform has been integrated with other key systems within our business, we believe that this will allow you to easily track, monitor and execute opportunities and therefore help our key stakeholders. We want to collaborate with you in a way that allows you to do what you enjoy: interacting with our clients and Legal Talent, without having to use multiple forms of communication and systems separately in order to do so.
5. Accessing the Platform and Account Security
This section explains that:
- Axiom may modify or withdraw the Platform, in its sole discretion and without notice to you. Axiom is not liable for unavailability of the Platform and may restrict access to it.
- your login information is confidential and you are not allowed to share it. You will notify Axiom of any unauthorised access to your account.
We reserve the right to terminate or modify the Platform, and any services, data or material we provide on the Platform, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all of the Platform.
You are responsible for both:
- making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Platform; and
To access the Platform or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Platform that all the information you provide on the Platform is correct, current, and complete. You agree that all information you provide to register with and use the Platform or otherwise, including, but not limited to, through the use of any interactive features on the Platform, is also governed by our Privacy Notice, and you agree to all actions we take with respect to your information consistent with our Privacy Notice.
If you create, or are provided with, a username (email), password, or any other piece of information as part of the Platform’s security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Platform or portions of it using your username (email), password, or other security information. Your ability to invite a colleague to use the Platform is only permitted through the “Download” and “Share” functionality available on the Platform. You will be held responsible for any action taken via your account and will be held accountable for the validity of anyone that you invite to join the Platform.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username (email) or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit/logoff from the Platform at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing the Platform from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
6. User Contributions
With respect to your profile and other content that you submit on the Platform, this section explains that:
- you grant Axiom a license to use this content as required for the Platform, and you promise that you have the right to do so.
- you agree that you are responsible for this content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
The Platform contains profiles, message boards, forums and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Platform.
By providing any User Contribution on the Platform, you grant us and our affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license to use, copy, modify, process, reproduce, adapt, distribute and publish such User Contribution as we deem reasonably necessary in connection with our business (such as in order to promote Axiom’s products and services) and to fulfil our contractual relationship with you. User Contributions may not have been verified or approved by us and we have no obligation to do so. The views expressed by other users on the Platform do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us at email@example.com.
You represent and warrant that:
- you own or have all necessary licenses and rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates; and
As an Axiom Client or Client User, you understand and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Axiom, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted Axiom Clients or Client Users.
7. Content Standards
This section lists the rules that your profile and other content that you submit on the Platform.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must, in their entirety, comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws, rules and regulations. User Contributions including the user’s name and contact details must be accurate and kept up-to-date.
Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sales promotions, barter, or advertising; and/or
- give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
8. Prohibited Uses
This section describes how you may use the Platform and what you are not allowed to do.
- in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law, rule or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States, European Union or other countries such as those within Asia);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation;
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate Axiom, Axiom HQ, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing); and/or
- to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Platform, or which, as determined by us, may harm Axiom or users of the Platform, or expose them to liability.
You agree not to:
- use the Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Platform or interfere with any other party's use of the Platform, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Platform;
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Platform;
- use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Platform;
- introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Platform or any server, computer, or database connected to the Platform;
- attack the Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; and/or
- otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform.
Additionally, you agree that:
- if you are a Client User, you may have access to non-public confidential information about Axiom Legal Talent, such as full names and resumes, and accordingly you agree as follows:
- you may share this information with your Axiom Client colleagues only, without exception, and this includes not sharing this information with any of your Axiom Client partner or vendor companies or other third parties; and
- this sharing of information is only permitted through the “Download” and/or “Share” functionality available on the Platform;
- you will not reproduce or publicly display any profile information about Axiom Legal Talent or Axiom HQ;
- you will not conduct automated queries on the services provided by the Platform; and/or
- you will not access or use the Platform or any of the products or services provided by the Platform to develop competitive products or services.
And, finally, you agree that:
- in the event that a Client User identifies an Axiom Legal Talent within the Platform and solicits the Axiom Legal Talent outside of the Platform, the Axiom Client will be subject to the conversion fee included within its contract with Axiom; and
- in the event that no contract is in place between the Client User and Axiom, the conversion fee is 25% of the (i) annual salary plus target bonus if the Axiom Legal Talent is hired as an employee or (ii) annualized contracted fee if the Axiom Legal Talent engaged as a contractor.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
This section describes that:
- Axiom and its affiliates or licensors own all of the intellectual property rights in the Platform.
- you may only use the Platform for your business purposes with Axiom.
- you may not copy, download or otherwise use any of the materials on the Platform, other than for the limited reasons that are described.
The Platform and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Axiom, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States, European Union and other international and local copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- you may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes; and
- you may not extract data or present data elsewhere within the Platform outside of the ways that are made directly available to you through the Platform. For example, you may not take screenshots of the Platform. Sharing of information is only permitted through the “Download” and/or “Share” functionality that is made available on the Platform.
You must not:
- modify copies of any materials from the Platform; or
- delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Platform.
The section explains that the Axiom name, logo and other Axiom trademarks on the Platform belong to Axiom and its affiliates or licensors.
The Axiom name, trademarks, logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Axiom or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Axiom. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners.
11. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
This section outlines Axiom’s rights with respect to the content that you post on the Platform, including your profile. This section also describes that Axiom has the right to terminate your access and in certain circumstances disclose your identity or take legal action. You provide Axiom with a waiver against any claims made due to these actions.
We have the right to:
- remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion;
- disclose your identity and other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Platform. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS AXIOM FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY AXIOM DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER AXIOM OR LAW ENFORCEMENT OR OTHER GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES.
12. Copyright Infringement
This section explains that you will notify us if you believe that any other user content on the Platform violates your own copyright.
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please send us a notice of copyright infringement to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the policy of Axiom to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
13. Changes to the Platform
This section states that Axiom does not promise that the content on the Platform will always be complete or current.
We aim to keep the content on this Platform up-to-date and accurate, but at times the content may not be complete or current.
14. Information About You and Your Visits to the Platform
This section states that all information collected on the Platform is subject to the Axiom Privacy Notice.
All information we collect on this Platform is subject to our Privacy Notice. By using the Platform, you consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your information in compliance with the Privacy Notice.
15. Links from the Platform
This section states that links to third party websites and resources on the Platform are to be used at your own risk and Axiom accepts no responsibility for your use of them.
If the Platform contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from the Platform, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
16. Geographic Restrictions
This section explains that you are responsible for accessing the Platform in compliance with local laws.
The owner of the Platform is incorporated and registered in Delaware and has its registered office in New York State. We provide this Platform for use by persons located worldwide, including the United States, European Union and elsewhere. Access to the Platform may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries and should you access the Platform from those countries, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
17. Disclaimer of Warranties
This section is Axiom’s disclaimer of legal liability for your use of the Platform.
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the Platform will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER AXIOM NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH AXIOM MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER AXIOM NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH AXIOM REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR PLATFORM OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, AXIOM HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
18. Limitation on Liability
This section sets out the limits of Axiom’s legal liability for your use of the Platform.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF AXIOM, AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PLATFORM, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE PLATFORM OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or wilful misconduct or to death or bodily injury caused by products or services you purchase through the Platform.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
This section sets out the indemnity that you agree to with respect to your use of the Platform.
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This section describes the governing law that applies to this contract and the courts that have jurisdiction.
21. Limitation on Time to File Claims
This section sets out the timeframe within which you must bring any claim against Axiom.
22. Waiver and Severability
This section describes what happens if Axiom waives a term of this contract, or if any term of this contract is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable.
This section lists those terms that continue to apply beyond the termination of this contract.
24. Entire Agreement
This section states that this contract (and any documents incorporated and referenced) constitutes the entire agreement between you and Axiom.
25. Conflicts with Other Terms and Conditions
This section describes what happens in the event of a conflict between this contract and any other contract that Axiom enters into with you.
26. Your Comments and Concerns
This section explains where you can send your notices and comments.
The Platform is operated by Axiom Global Inc. whose registered office is at 3 World Trade Center at 175 Greenwich Street, 50th Floor, New York, NY 10007.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Platform should be directed in the first instance to: email@example.com.