Alternative Legal Service Provider (ALSP)
Axiom goes beyond other alternative legal service providers to match high-caliber, flexible business lawyers to the specific needs of your in-house legal department, enabling you to drive efficiency and growth.
*Are you a business without a legal team? We can provide legal support for your business needs.
Discover Axiom Advice & Counsel, our full-service, better-choice, Arizona-located law firm.
Get legal support from Axiom
Let's discuss your legal department challenges and work together to find the right talent solutions.
A Trusted Partner
20+ years of proven experience
Access our bench of 14,000+ legal professionals
This app works best with the following supported browsers:
We recommend that you download and use the latest version of a supported browser before continuing.
"Axiom lawyers have the same acumen and capability as large law firm lawyers or members of my in-house team, and they sit with us to understand how the business operates"
Alternative Legal Service Providers FAQ
Axiom enables you to stay agile in a changing business environment
Axiom is the world's leading alternative legal services provider (ALSP). We offer high-caliber, on-demand talent, with a network of over 14,000 legal professionals with deep experience across many industries and practice areas.
Whether it's a single secondee or large-scale team solution, our support is designed to meet your needs. We can help you control costs, maximize speed to impact, and react to changing market conditions.
Drive business success with tailor-made legal teams and solutions that match your culture, risk profile, and preferences.
Learn More About ALSPs
What is an alternative legal service provider?
An alternative legal service provider, or ALSP, is a company that provides legal services outside of the traditional law firm model. ALSPs emerged in response to the legal industry’s increasing demands for efficiency and cost-effectiveness. ALSPs leverage technology, remote work, process optimization, and innovative business models to deliver efficient legal solutions to businesses.
Alternative legal service providers offer lawyers who have experience in specific practice areas like commercial contracts, M&A, and intellectual property. They can provide support for specific legal tasks such as document review, contract management, legal research and writing, compliance support, e-discovery, and more.
What are the benefits of using alternative legal service providers?
Businesses stand to gain multiple benefits when employing the services of an alternative legal service provider:
- Cost Effectiveness: One of the most compelling reasons businesses turn to ALSPs is the potential for cost savings. By specializing in specific tasks and using technology to enhance productivity, ALSPs typically provide services at a more competitive rate than traditional law firms.
- Flexibility: ALSPs are known for their adaptability in meeting the unique needs of businesses. Their service delivery models are designed to be scalable and customizable, ensuring that the legal solutions provided align closely with the specific requirements of the business, even as those requirements change.
- Risk Management: By providing resources to handle routine or highly specific tasks, ALSPs allow businesses to manage and mitigate risks more effectively. Their focus on resources for specific practice areas ensures that processes are refined and mistakes are minimized.
- Global Reach: Some alternative legal service providers, like Axiom, have an international presence that allows for global reach and the ability of legal talent to handle tasks with multi-national jurisdictions. This is especially beneficial for businesses with global operations, as they can receive consistent services across different regions.
- Wide Range of Experience: Many ALSPs have lawyers with a wide range of deep experience in different practice areas and who have worked with large law firms in the past. Axiom has over 14,000 lawyers with experience in 13 practice areas.
How are ALSPs different from law firms?
ALSPs typically focus on specific, routine, or high-volume legal tasks like contract management, document review, due diligence, compliance, litigation support, and legal research. ALSPs provide lawyers and legal staff to in-house corporate counsels on an as-needed basis.
Law firms offer a broad range of services, primarily focusing on providing legal advice and representation, typically at a higher cost.
Billing Model and Pricing
Alternative legal service providers employ innovative and flexible business models with alternative pricing strategies. At Axiom, you can save significantly on legal costs by only hiring the legal staff you need, when you need it.
A significant difference between ALSPs and law firms is the utilization of technology. ALSPs heavily leverage technology and remote work to improve efficiency and reduce costs, without sacrificing legal outcomes.
Scalability and Flexibility
ALSPs are highly scalable and flexible. They have the ability to provide talent that can adjust quickly to handle large volumes of work in various practice areas and industries. Law firms are less flexible and often lack the ability to scale for high-volume work.
With a bench of over 14,000 attorneys, Axiom provides unparalleled flexibility and can scale to meet the changing needs of your business. Axiom specializes in high-caliber on-demand legal talent that can help build and oversee a cost-optimized, flexible bench of lawyers designed for the specific needs of any business.