US - Remote
We are currently seeking a FinTech Lawyer to work with some of the world’s largest companies across all industries.
- Provide transactional and regulatory counsel on digital assets, cryptocurrency, blockchain, Non-Fungible Token ("NFT"), decentralized finance, cryptocurrency lending, and other complex financial products and offerings
- Advise internal business stakeholder on legal risks and opportunities with a focus on state and federal regulations, licensing, and examinations
- Structure, draft, negotiate and review agreements with various financial institutions and partners
- Partner with colleagues cross-functionally in teams including, but not limited to, Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, and Finance.
- 8+ years of experience in the financial services regulatory and compliance space with strong understanding of digital assets and currencies and new emerging financial products
- Experience working with clients on federal and state regulatory licensing, registration, compliance, and enforcement matters as well as advising on complex bank and money transmission regulatory issues
- Active bar license for the state in which you physically reside in.
- Strong understanding of federal securities laws and regulations including: forming/registering broker-dealers; advising crypto exchanges and other blockchain focused companies; responding to SEC and FINRA examinations; and reviewing and revising policies and procedures for AML compliance
- Ability to provide counsel on privacy and cyber security risks associated with digital currency and products is beneficial
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials, with experience in a dynamic in-house environment.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a range of competitive compensation starting at $175,000 and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace that includes health benefits, 401K and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.