Oil & Gas Energy Lawyer
US - Houston
We are currently seeking Energy Lawyers focused in Oil & Gas to work with our F100 clients in some of the market’s largest oil and gas and energy in-house companies.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts such as oil and gas leases, gathering agreements, processing agreements, and transmission agreements.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local government laws and regulations.
- Working with and advising business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions in an in-house energy-focused environment.
- At least 5+ years of experience working as an energy attorney in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and managing a wide range of energy transactions.
- Additional energy experience in other industries a plus.
- Active bar license in the state in which you currently reside.
- Experience with energy commodities with an emphasis on pipelines and terminals.
- Experience counseling on energy compliance matters.
- Experience working in-house for an energy team.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.