UK - London
We are currently seeking an Employment Lawyer for leading international software and payments corporations.
- UK Employment: including employee relations work, complex performance processes, exits, settlement agreements, etc.
- Employee Strategy: advising on risks, supporting HR on policies and training; reviewing and implementing policy and procedures. Ensure a broader awareness across the function regarding any changes impacting UK employees.
- Contract Support: supporting procurement & commercial teams in the business; contracting with customers making sure personnel-related clauses are reviewed such as health and safety.
- Data Privacy: supporting privacy teams to ensure employment aspects are considered; reviewing/advising on any cross-overs between privacy and employment law.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior level management, executives, and senior lawyers within the company in providing expert employment legal advice.
- Manage and support outside counsel concerning employment matters in assigned countries, including negotiating and agreeing Alternative Fee Arrangements, fixed fees, and capped fees with outside counsel for daily business as usual and special projects. Employment and labour-related litigation and claims/demands by and against (former) employees and contractors.
- Provide legal advice to key stakeholders on high profile individual terminations, terminations in high-risk jurisdictions and on allegations of sexual harassment, bullying, and discrimination in coordination with business and HR.
- Assist with mandatory information, consultation and negotiation processes with local works councils and trade unions; training and advising global functions on statutory labour matters.
- Support transactional matters including TUPE transfers and M&A.
- Draft bespoke employment/retention/transfer contracts for senior executive and critical positions, and regularly reviewing and updating employment contract templates in key countries.
- A qualified Employment Lawyer with law firm or in-house experience, with demonstrated legal expertise in UK Employment Law.
- Demonstrate consistent good judgement, with strong attention to detail, superior written, communication and issue spotting skills, and must be approachable and responsive.
- Strong inter-personal skills are crucial as you will be expected to forge close working relationships with your colleagues and stakeholder.
- The ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to complex legal problems will also be key to your success.
- Must reside and have full rights to work in the UK - unrestricted.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes health benefits, pension and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster. Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom Global Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 11777468 Registered Office: 159/173 St John Street, London. England, EC1V 4QJ
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.