Corporate Compliance Counsel
US - Houston
We are currently seeking a Corporate Compliance and Ethics Attorney to work with a well-known fuel supplier and distributor on their San Antonio, Texas legal team. This opportunity will involve conducting risk assessments, managing internal investigations, and reviewing and implementing corporate compliance initiatives. This engagement will require on-site presence 2-3 days per week for in-office meetings and interviews.
This opportunity enables you to leverage your experience and expertise to counsel and collaborate with some of the most innovative and dynamic minds in the industry while developing a diverse set of skills.
- Serve as Ethics and Compliance Counsel for a large US energy company based in Texas, concentrating on corporate governance, risk assessments, and corporate compliance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures on a range of matters including Antibribery, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and other regulations applicable to the international transportation and sale of fuels and perform ongoing monitoring of said compliance initiatives.
- Conduct thorough risk assessment interviews across a range of business and operational teams to determine weaknesses, current gaps, and areas for remediation and compile reports for recommendations to leadership.
- Assist in the handling and remediation of internal reports and investigations of violations of corporate policies.
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing lawyer, including 2+ years working in-house with a strong focus on corporate compliance. Must be licensed and in good standing in Texas.
- Experience conducting investigations on policy violations and interviews for determining gaps in existing policies and procedures to mitigate risk and improve ethics and compliance standards.
- Understanding of corporate compliance best practices. Familiarity with oil and gas industry is not required, however experience working within a large organization with cross-boarder business transactions is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively work across business teams to drive business and compliance directives forward.
- MUST be able to work as needed in-office in San Antonio. Minimum will likely be 2 -3 days per week.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a range of competitive compensation starting at $125,000+ and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace that includes health benefits, 401K and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.