International Trade Lawyer
US - Remote
We are currently seeking a Trade Controls Attorney for a publicly traded data storage company.
- Support a busy legal team in handling day-to-day trade compliance contractual issues, with a strong emphasis on export controls and restrictions.
- Collaborate with the contracts team to monitor and track the completion of forms and agreements, and lead negotiations with business partners. Conduct due diligence on transactions and manage business partner risk.
- Serve as a reliable and trusted legal advisor for matters related to import, export, and customs controls, encryption notifications and registration issues, export licensing activities, and provide support for the broader compliance and ethics program.
- Provide legal and regulatory support to business teams on various matters, particularly those related to product compliance, including WEEE, PFAS, and TSCA.
- 4 - 8 years of trade compliance experience with a strong technology background. Candidates with academic backgrounds in electrical engineering (coupled with JD) are encouraged to apply.
- Deep understanding of import and export controls and ability to advise business teams and negotiate with business partners.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work on highly technical issues with ease. Role will require frequent partnering with internal business teams on data storage technologies and ideal candidates will have the academic or work experience to understand concepts after initial ramping period.
- Experience managing, tracking, reviewing and revising applicable trade and sanctions related forms, licenses, registrations and contracts.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a range of competitive compensation starting at $150,000 - 180,000+ and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace that includes health benefits, 401K and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.