Open Source Licensing Lawyer
UK - London
We are currently seeking Open Source Licensing Lawyers to join our bench.
- Review and analyze datasets, evaluating legal and risk considerations related to usage, including but not limited to intellectual property, licensing, open source, privacy, policy, and governance implications
- Advise on the interpretation and application of relevant regulations, with a particular focus on GDPR and DMA, to ensure compliance when handling and processing data
- Provide expertise in assessing the scope of data license agreements, identifying potential risks and limitations, and ensuring alignment with our strategic goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement policies and governance processes for the ingestion, storage, and utilization of data within our AI projects
- Cultivate positive relationships with internal and external clients across our global offices, fostering effective communication and collaboration
- At least 3 years PQE practicing within a firm or in-house position
- Demonstrated expertise in reviewing and advising open source licensing
- Strong understanding of data privacy regulations, including GDPR and DMA, and their practical applications in technology development
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess legal risks and provide practical solutions
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, with a commitment to maintaining the highest standards of legal compliance and ethical conduct
- Proactive, adaptable, and able to work independently as well as within a team
- Right to work in the UK and eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes health benefits, pension and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster. Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom Global Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 11777468 Registered Office: 159/173 St John Street, London. England, EC1V 4QJ
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.