Legal Consultant - Payments Counsel
Singapore - Remote
We are currently seeking a Legal Consultant - Payments Counsel for a global technology unicorn.
- Evaluate various products, particularly concerning payment functionalities.
- Provide legal counsel to the product and compliance teams, ensuring alignment with regulations.
- Assist in the licensing processes for new markets.
- Manage and network with outside legal counsel to ensure alignment with foreign market requirements.
- Understand and advise on licensing requirements for each market.
- Prepare teams for license applications, guiding through necessary documentation and procedural steps.
- Offer strategic counsel to the payment business, outlining required actions and planning for successful licensing.
- Handle contracts related to various payment channels.
- Network and collaborate with outside legal counsel to ensure all contractual terms are comprehensive and compliant.
- Liaise between different legal teams, ensuring all aspects of payment-related contracts are duly addressed and finalized.
- The individual taking on these responsibilities will be crucial in navigating the legal intricacies of the payment industry, especially in the specified markets.
- This role demands a deep understanding of Singapore's payment regulations and an ability to adapt and understand other regional market regulations.
- 4-8 PQE with 2+ years in the fintech/payments industry. Global or regional exposure and experience gained in the Fintech startup space is highly advantageous.
- Familiar with the electronic financial services sector to counsel and assist with payments-related matters and money service business compliance requirements, anti-money laundering rules, know-your-customer requirements, and stored value facilities in Singapore and/or other SEA markets.
- Exposure and/or experience to other Southeast Asia countries besides Singapore, such as Indonesia or Thailand, will be advantageous.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work on a remote basis, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom Global Solutions Pte. Ltd. (Axiom SG) is a registered employment agency (License #12S5884). Axiom as a corporate entity, does not offer legal advice, and is not a registered foreign law firm.