PRA Regulatory Counsel
UK - London
We are currently seeking a PRA Regulatory Counsel for a leading UK based financial institution.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Prudential Regulatory Authority compliance with particular focus on outsourcing and third party risk management, providing guidance on interpretation, disclosure and reporting requirements.
- Interact with external stakeholders, including regulators and industry peers and interface with peers on the team to coordinate legal coverage of prudential regulatory issues with business units across the organization.
- Provide in-depth prudential regulation law expertise to various internal business, including advising on interpretation of regulations and periodic reporting of capital liquidity and work closely with Project Managers and other team leaders to meet regulatory deadlines and provide detailed updates and summaries to leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in banking regulatory legal practice, whether with a large law firm, or preferably in-house with a major financial institution.
- Strong understanding of Prudential Regulatory Authority rules and regulations, in particular, Rule SS2.21 with deep understanding of outsourcing and third party risk management.
- Must be able to work on-site in London 1-2+ days a week.
- Confident in serving as point for junior regulatory lawyers and helping project managers drive results, meet deadlines and ensure comprehensive compliance with rules, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes health benefits, pension and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster. Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom Global Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 11777468 Registered Office: 159/173 St John Street, London. England, EC1V 4QJ
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.