UK - London
We are currently seeking an Energy Lawyer to join our bench of talent.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a variety of energy related supply agreements, including power purchase agreements, procurement contracts, off-take and interconnection agreements.
- Stay current on evolving energy regulations and policies in the UK and EU, ensuring that all projects and contracts adhere to legal requirements and industry standards
- Provide legal guidance and support throughout the lifecycle of energy related projects, from initial development and financing to construction, operation and potential asset acquisition or divestiture
- 5+ years of experience within the energy sector, whether supporting clients within a law firm or working in-house
- Deep knowledge of EU and UK laws related to energy, and ability to provide clear guidance on a range of related matters to senior stakeholders and leadership
- Excellent judgement and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Right to work in the UK and eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes health benefits, pension and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster. Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom Global Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 11777468 Registered Office: 159/173 St John Street, London. England, EC1V 4QJ
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.