Australia - Sydney
We are currently seeking a Senior Litigation and Disputes Lawyer to work on a long-term contract with one of the leading insurance brands in Australia.
- Work with and advise corporate clients directly on commercial matters.
- Provide entrepreneurial, pragmatic, business-oriented advice related to the client's commercial contracts.
- Maintain strong, collaborative relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders across teams.
- At least 8+ years post-admission experience working on complex large-scale disputes and litigation. Candidates with experience related to insurance claims and disputes are strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of the general insurance and financial services industry.
- Strong technical legal skills (e.g. written and verbal communications, preparing and reviewing court documents and other relevant materials, preparing legal analysis and advice, conducting factual investigations, contract drafting and negotiation, relationship building).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and a strong, customer-centric approach.
- Strong commercial skills and commercial negotiation skills.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes health benefits, pension and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster. Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.