Canada - Remote
We are currently seeking Insurance Lawyers for Canada’s largest in-house financial, insurance and banking institutions.
- Draft and negotiate contracts related to insurance products offerings (general liability, management liability, financial liability, property liability, insurance policies) or reinsurance contracts.
- Provide legal advice to internal business units on a variety of legal, insurance regulatory, and underwriting compliance issues for commercial lines business units.
- Conduct legal and regulatory research to help ensure compliance with applicable insurance laws and regulations.
- Review and design documents, policy forms, prospectuses, and registration statements.
- Advise on insurance product development and drafting and negotiating relevant documentation.
- 4+ years of experience in-house at an insurance company or related within the financial services industry handling insurance product related matters.
- Understanding of Canadian insurance laws and regulations, such as the Canada Insurance Act, and experience advising on insurance related products.
- Experience working on manufacturing and/or distribution side of insurance, a plus.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing reinsurance documents and/or insurance underwriting is beneficial.
- Member in good standing with your respective Law Society.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers competitive compensation and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes Medical, dental, and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Axiom will accommodate persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and in accordance with the Human Rights Code. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities can be provided at each stage of the recruitment process. If you have a disability and require accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com. In addition, if you are invited to participate in an interview stage, please inform us if you require special accommodation at the time of your invitation for an interview.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.