Data Protection Lawyer
Switzerland - Remote
We are currently seeking a Data Protection Lawyer.
- Provide in-house legal advice on data protection and privacy laws, data-sharing, and the implications of new products and services.
- Draft, negotiate and review of any commercial agreement containing data protection and or privacy implications.
- Advise on legal and regulatory restrictions in respect of personal data location, cross border data transfers and personal data access restrictions/requirements globally.
- Review and advise on arrangements with affiliates and third party service providers who process personal data globally to ensure compliance with data protection and/or privacy requirements.
- Review and advise on data incidents, escalation, remediation and notification obligations to regulators and third parties to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise on data subject inquiries and requests to access data by other third parties, (e.g. regulators or authorities).
- Substantive data protection and data privacy experience and an in-depth knowledge of EU and Swiss privacy statutes – including GDPR.
- Experience with DPIAs, TIAs, DPAs, standardizing policies, protocols, and training programs, including the associated documents such as vendor and client contracts. This includes providing guidance across various stakeholders.
- Experience working independently and cross-functionally.
- University degree in law; Swiss bar exam or LLM is an advantage.
- 3 years’+ experience in an in-house and/or law firm environment.
- 3+ years of experience in IT, data protection, or business law, either in-house or in a law firm.
- Certification (or willingness to obtain such certification) in data protection law such as IAPP CIPP/E is preferred.
- Fluent in English, German language skills is a plus.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom Global AG is a company registered in Switzerland. Registered seat: Lintheschergasse 10, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland CHE-164.623.351.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.