US - Remote
- Provide comprehensive legal counsel on a range of regulatory and transactional matters concerning payments systems and services for a large financial institution, including card issuing, ACH payments, mobile payments, card schemes and payment networks, gift cards, B2B payments, and other emerging payment systems
- Review compliance programs and provide strategic counsel on NACHA, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA), Truth in Savings Act (TISA), Expedited Funds Availability Act (EFA Act) and Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and other state, federal and international regulations.
- Collaborate with the internal business, legal, and compliance teams to analyze and interpret proposed payment related legislation and regulations (both domestic and international) and their effect on current or pending products
- 5+ years of experience working in-house or in-firm advising banks, financial institutions or payments related corporations
- Excellent practical understanding of NACHA, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and other state, federal and international regulations.
- Must be admitted to the State Bar where you reside.
- 8+ years of experience providing legal support and analysis on a range of payments related matters including: merchant acquiring, card issuing, mobile payments, ACH payments, B2B payments, and other emerging payment systems
- Experience advising product and business teams on state, federal and international regulations and experience reviewing, revising, and implementing compliance processes and procedures to ensure compliance with NACHA, BSA, AML, TILA, etc.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills coupled with a strong business acumen
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a range of competitive compensation starting at $160,000 and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace that includes health benefits, 401K and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.