Trade & Export Compliance Lawyer
US - Remote
We are currently seeking a Trade & Export Compliance Lawyer to work with a defense contractor and information technology services provider in their Global Trade Compliance team.
This is an exciting opportunity where you can bring your legal background and business acumen to lead a team of lawyers and legal resources on projects involving export control investigations.
- Lead a team of lawyers and legal resources on projects involving export controls investigations, partner with stakeholders on investigation plans, and serve as the central point of contact for stakeholders as investigations arise.
- Build a working knowledge of client processes; direct diligence and overall project efforts to ensure timing and quality expectations are met for each investigation.
- Collect diligence information from involved parties and scope the requirements of each project; review investigations-related documents.
- Assist in identifying additional legal resources to staff each investigation and diligence efforts appropriately and assist with onboarding and training of legal staff.
- 5 + years of experience in regulatory and compliance with an in-depth knowledge of export controls.
- Prior experience with export control projects or other types of regulatory compliance projects.
- Active bar license in the state where you reside and where legal work will be done.
- Prior experience reporting results of document or file reviews.
- Prior experience communicating or briefing customers and stakeholders on the result of large document or file reviews.
- Ability to verify and provide US staff eligible to view and receive US export-controlled material.
- Ability to securely receive, store, and process US export-controlled material.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a range of competitive compensation starting at $150,000 and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace that includes health benefits, 401K and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.