Legal Counsel - Consumer Law
Australia - Melbourne
Axiom is trusted by the leading brands around the world, and our lawyers gain access to the highest quality legal work while maintaining control over what and how much work they take on. Axiom puts its people first, attracting those who are thoughtful, caring, and collaborative. We strive for excellence in everything we do and value integrity and our people above all else.
We are interested in speaking to lawyers with a background in Consumer law about exciting opportunities with a broad range of clients.
- Draft and advise on a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements relating to consumer and competition law, marketing reviews, licensing agreements, intellectual property and franchise agreements.
- Experience advising on intellectual property matters including contractual disputes, provisions of protection, copyright and social media is also beneficial.
- Working with multiple stakeholders within the business to reach practical and commercial solutions quickly.
- 5+ years of experience working in private practice, or in-house with a consumer organisation.
- Experience advising on a wide range of commercial matters and agreements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a hybrid role, with the team coming into the office 2-3 times per week.
Why join Axiom?
- Access to top-tier, in-house legal teams, and the opportunity to become an integral part of their in-house legal function, working on a broad range of interesting and challenging assignments.
- Retain control over your career path, with the flexibility to take time off between engagements while retaining your employee benefits.
- Bespoke career guidance and support, plus access to resources to enhance your professional and personal development.
- Dedicated Talent Engagement Team, who will talk you through specific client instructions on a case-by-case basis. Their goal is to find you engagements that most closely match your skill set and stated career objectives.
- Access to a full suite of employee benefits, including a company pension, paid time off and health benefits.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster. Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.