UK - Remote
We are currently seeking a Product & Consumer Protection Lawyer to work with online marketplace companies in their Product, Sales and R&D teams.
This is an exciting opportunity where you can bring your legal background and business acumen to work on cutting-edge Product Counsel work while tackling complex legal challenges on a global scale. You will leverage your experience and expertise to counsel and collaborate with some of the most innovative and dynamic minds in the industry while developing a diverse set of skills.
- Review user experience for complaints and how to communicate this effectively
- Review the agent experience. what does their training look like, what scripts are they using, what data is collected / given.
- Review machine learning to understand what data needs to be reviewed (i.e. when determining who gets seen first in the que or when there has been a duplication of complaints)
- Advising on consumer protection matters. Incorporating risk tolerance practices with local counsel on niche issues. Working on a variety of initiatives for their Application/Marketplace platform.
- 3+ PQE of Product Counsel experience; review new products, features and product related initiatives to provide legal risk mitigation strategies, for revenue generating products.
- Strong R&D background.
- Experience working closely with engineers, product, and R&D teams on a variety of initiatives.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of terms and agreements related to product initiatives, including terms for new product features, agreements for partners in the advertising space (creative / data related partners, influencer marketing agencies), policies and guidelines for companies’ advertising partners.
- Coordinate with global cross-functional partners in legal, privacy, public policy and data partnerships on product related issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Active Practicing Certificate.
- Must reside in the United Kingdom.
- Experience of working with internet, social media and e-commerce companies.
- A solid understanding of general product, business development and policy related to online consumer facing platforms.
- Experience working with product development and engineering teams.
- Experience at a technology company as a product counsel, advising on consumer protection, privacy data security, Internet law, IP law and with a focus on product or R&D.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in the development of internet, mobile, video or gaming products.
- Experience with Consumer Protection issues preferred.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes health benefits, pension and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-calibre, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster. Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom Global Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 11777468 Registered Office: 159/173 St John Street, London. England, EC1V 4QJ.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.