Consumer Finance Lawyer
US - Remote
We are currently seeking a Consumer Finance Lawyer to work with financial intuitions on complex consumer finance products and services.
- Provide legal transactional and regulatory advice on consumer facing financial products.
- Review transactions, processes, and protocols for compliance with TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, UDAAP/UDAP, and GBLA.
- Assist with a variety of complex transactions within the consumer finance sector, including complex lending transactions.
- Provide counsel on payments systems and services and draft related documentation.
- Research and advise internal teams on state and federal regulatory trends and developments.
- Maintain strong, collaborative relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders.
- Represent the Axiom brand at all engagements with a focus on developing the client relationship.
- Develop a leadership role in Axiom’s community of over 5,800 lawyers.
- 4+ years of experience advising financial institutions on consumer facing financial products.
- Deep understanding of TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, UDAAP/UDAP, and GBLA.
- Experience drafting master loan purchase agreements, market place loans, and other related documentation.
- Strong understanding of financing of securitized consumer loans.
- Bar Admission in state you reside.
- Experience working in-house for a financial institution or a fintech company.
- Experience drafting payments related contract terms or advising on payments systems and services.
- Excellent research skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to take lead on complex transactions.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers a range of competitive compensation starting at $150,000 and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace that includes health benefits, 401K and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in each stage of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.